Antonio and I recently celebrated our 9th anniversary. We were lucky enough to have grandparents in town who baby-sat while we enjoyed a date.
I got dolled up and came downstairs in my black dress and pretty heels. Mya stopped in her tracks, she is ALWAYS quick with the fashion confirmation.
"Oh, Mommy! You look so pretty! Where are you going?"
"On a date with Daddy, honey."
"Well, I really like your shoes."
The following Monday the kids were playing around and I heard Mya shuffling a bit with her purse items. She clomped over (wearing the heels I had on for my date) and informed me, "Melva and I are going on a date to the swingset. And Enzo is dating Boo-Berry."
They sprinted (yes she can sprint in any kind of shoe) to the swingset for their double date. I had a feeling of happiness as they see me dating their father as a wonderful thing.
I know that feeling will pass and they will soon be grossed out by us, and I will be longing for the days when they dated their dolls.
No comments:
Post a Comment