Friday, November 6, 2009

Selective hearing + Brutal honesty

Trying to establish "who's in charge" with a spirited child has proven to be very difficult. Luckily for all involved, Mya has been blessed with sharing her life with an equally spirited mommy! I can go all day and night establishing rules, setting boundaries, loving, having fun, and of course dancing.

But this post is about the hard part, discipline. It is so hard to discipline and be consistent, but we are seeing the fruits of our labor. One of the down sides of being so consistent is that Mya has started repeating back to me catch phrases such as:

These are the rules.
Do you hear me?
Are you making good choices?
Here's the thing (followed by rule, rule, rule).
Sophie, HUSH!
Are you listening to me?

Last night, after 4 returns to the bed, we break out the big guns. "If you get out of bed again, you will lose all your binkies. It's your choice. Do you hear me?"

Mya tips her head to the side, "I don't wanna hear you."



1 comment:

  1. What a little stinker!!! I do have to agree with you that the discipline is SOOO hard. Marissa in the evenings is a wild women and into everything that she knows she should not be. So we are trying...I guess that is the best that you can do!

    ReplyDelete