I'm not sure what age I was when my mom taught me how to host a party but I'm assuming it was pretty young. Since then, I have become slightly obsessed with throwing a variety of celebrations. I thought now would be a good time to get Mya in on some of the decision making as we host together.
This morning we prepped to host a playgroup with all of Mya and Enzo's neighborhood friends. We loaded into the car as the sun was just starting to rise and took the familiar path to Kroger to pick up supplies.
Mya followed me around the store with Elmo on her hip and a large purse over her shoulder. We stopped several times so Enzo could point to the millions of valentine balloons that decorated the store. Then we stopped because Elmo just couldn't seem to keep his hands off the produce and Mya said he needed a time out.
Finally we made it to the juice aisle and I asked Mya, "What type of juice would you like to serve to your friends? There's fruit punch, cherry, orange...."
She tapped her chin with her finger as she contemplated their beverage of choice. Finally she settled on the perfect box and said, "How about the pickle one, yeah the pickle would be good."
Tomorrow I'm going to teach her the difference between a kiwi and a pickle.
No comments:
Post a Comment