Sunday, August 16, 2009

No Hablo Espanol

I just recently had a wonderful Saturday with a few of my mommy friends. We were out to lunch WITHOUT our 2's and accompanied only by our sleeping infants. This meant a REAL discussion could possibly happen!

All of these women are stay-at-home moms that also work in their "free" time. Either juggling schedules with their husbands or taking their kids with them to work. I am amazed at their stamina day in and out, and they even have enough energy to have a conversation! One thing these busy women all complain about is having time to clean the house, and the following conversation transpired.

(Names have been changed to protect identity)

Louise, "I think I'm going to try and get my cleaning lady back."

Mikayla, "The woman I nanny for has a wonderful one. The only problem is she only speaks Spanish and I have no idea how to tell her to get to my house."

Surprisingly long pause....

Betty, "Well, I've been watching a lot of Dora lately."




No comments:

Post a Comment