Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sami (We're Really the Ferraro Five Now!)


I haven't blogged about Sami.

I could post a huge list of reasons why but I won't bore you. I'm sure you can imagine what life was like with 3 kids 3 and under, now 4 and under.

It has been nothing short of chaotic, beautiful, frustrating, fulfilling, a nightmare and magical.

But oh, how did I ever live a single day without this beautiful, little girl in my life.

Some things that I don't want to forget, but know that I may:

1. Your mouth smells like how I imagine heaven. Sweet, warm, like a candy cloud... and makes my heart skip a beat.

2. Your smile makes me feel like the most important person in the world.

3.Your ability to fall asleep anywhere is beyond helpful.

4.Your eyes are so dark that I see my reflection in them, reminding me to be the best mother I can to you.

5. Your hand on mine is the most amazing contrast of colors both a sign of beauty and the long road we will be on together as we teach others it is okay to be different.

6.Your laugh. You laugh at my laugh it feels like the most give and take of my life as I lose track of who started it and I know I don't want it to stop.

7. You stomp your right leg to the beat and music calms you.

8. You sing along when your daddy sings you Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

9. When I lay you in your bed you smile up at me and roll to your side. When I come to check on you later you have shimmied so you are head to toe at the width of the bed...that is how you are most comfortable.

10. You have officially proven that it is impossible to fall in love only "so many" times, my heart is larger, my dreams for the future bigger, and my drive to be the one to give you all you need to be your best self, is stronger than ever before.

Little Samia, thank you for choosing us to be your parents.


3 comments:

  1. Besides making me cry after reading this Jencie, I realize that Sami is going to keep you calm when you are getting 'tude from Mya when she gets older. Those girls are going to be a good balance for each other. I miss you and look forward to exchanging stories about our kids. Keep sipping those icy beverages. They help with the 4 and under crowd! SIMP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jencie, I just found your blog and I love it! We went to school together a long time ago (when my last name was Teemer). This post was so touching! I too have three kids under the age of five, so I know how fleeting these moments are. Thanks for the reminder to write this stuff down. My youngest is 5 months old and his little baby breath makes me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, thank you so much for writing! I had gotten away from blogging and needed a reminder to get back at it. I have been reading your blog this morning and....holy moly you have a house full of handsome!!! I look forward to reading more about your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete